Most individuals find it a hassle if a company does not accept credit cards. As people have moved towards using paperless cash, it’s becoming more important for businesses to have a means for customers to use their vinyl. Whether they’re […]
Most individuals find it a hassle if a company does not accept credit cards. As people have moved towards using paperless cash, it’s becoming more important for businesses to have a means for customers to use their vinyl. Whether they’re debit or credit cards, you need restaurant POS systems. There are plenty of hardware types to pick from, but how do you know whether you’re selecting the right one for your enterprise? Before you select one, consider these few factors.
- 1 Is Your Restaurant POS Hardware Waterproof?
- 2 Does It Have A Large Touch Screen?
- 3 Does It Serve Multiple Functions?
- 4 Does It Have A Small Footprint?
- 5 Does It Have Excellent Customer Support And Onsite Installation?
- 6 Improving Customer Satisfaction With A Retail POS System
Is Your Restaurant POS Hardware Waterproof?
Consider your company. It’s likely that your servers, bartenders and customers don’t attempt to spill drinks or food, but spills are inevitable. A payment processing system that’s designed for a retail store has very different requirements than restaurant POS systems. It will need to be totally watertight to help protect it from spills and rugged enough to withstand a fall off the desk.
Does It Have A Large Touch Screen?
Servers and bartenders are busy. They frequently admit that they don’t get an opportunity to sit down even once throughout their shift. More customers mean more tips for efficient servers so the POS systems for restaurants need to be simple to use. A big touch screen is a simple way for servers to accelerate their orders and payments.
Does It Serve Multiple Functions?
Although servers are generally paid mostly in tips, many laws demand that they are paid a small hourly wage. Combining restaurant POS systems using a timeclock means that there are fewer pieces of equipment cluttering up the eatery. It’s even better if the hardware manages employee schedules, eliminating the need for a paper schedule that can be lost or mismanaged.
Does It Have A Small Footprint?
Think about the bar on your eatery. Odds are that it’s full at least a couple times per week. If your restaurant POS hardware takes up a great deal of room at your bar, you’re taking a place away from a paying client. Choose hardware with a small footprint to make more room for your patrons.
Does It Have Excellent Customer Support And Onsite Installation?
You’re busy running your business. Instead of spending precious time and resources fiddling with getting your POS systems for restaurants up and running, search for one that provides free installation. This way you know you’re getting it done right the first time with no hassle on your end. Also look for 24 hour customer service and technical support. In this way if your restaurant POS systems do fail, you will have a dedicated team committed to getting you back on your feet. However, even this isn’t enough. Look for a system that provides remote support so you don’t need to wait for an open time for a technician to come fix the issue.
There are lots of restaurant POS systems on the market today. Before committing yourself to one, make sure it meets all of your needs.
Improving Customer Satisfaction With A Retail POS System
When selecting a retail shop for shopping needs, shoppers choose where to go based on a number of factors. Most often, a excellent recommendation from a friend will lead a shopper to try out a new shop. Advertising is helpful, too, and a excellent ad with coupons and aggressive sale prices will draw in the crowds. Once the shoppers are in the shop, though, there is so much that retailers can do to ensure they have a positive experience and return over and over.
A trusted POS system is a retailer’s strongest tool in luring in and creating loyal shoppers.
Knowing what shoppers want from a shop can help retailers to make the best choices when selecting and implementing a new POS system:
• Pricing Accuracy. Customers don’t like to feel the need to carefully watch the scanning of each item at checkout to ensure that the price on the shelf matches the one in the register. Building a client’s trust happens when POS system technologies guarantees pricing accuracy, particularly when selling prices are in effect. Offer reliable pricing and customers will feel comfortable and trust a retailer more, making them more inclined to return.
Effective POS software can monitor customer loyalty and enable retailers to offer rewards and special promotions to loyal shoppers in the form of instant rebates, favored customer scan cards, special coupons and other incentives. A excellent POS system makes shopper tracking easy and the pay-off is substantial for both the merchant and the shopper.
• Availability of Favorite Brands and Products. Every shopper wants to see his favorite brand and formulation on the shelf every time he is shopping for shampoo. When preferred brands are plentiful and available, shoppers feel attached to a retail establishment and will likely return again. A retail POS system can be integrated to link with the shop warehouse and ordering department to keep an eye on the shop’s most popular items and ensure that they are always well-stocked. Likewise, POS systems can identify less popular items and clear shelf space for big sellers.
• Multiple payment options. Effective POS systems allow shoppers to pay’their way.’ Acceptance of all major credit cards, checks and debit cards give shoppers the flexibility to choose exactly how they want to pay for their purchases. Additionally, terrific POS systems quickly process every payment option, so check verification processes quickly and credit card authorization happens without a lengthy wait.
• Well-trained Staff. Regardless of the type of retail POS system a store uses, clients need and deserve to be served by a cashier that has been trained and knows how the system works. The result is fast checkout and enhanced customer satisfaction. With any POS system, retailers are obliged to make sure every employee knows and can operate the system.
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.