Instagram has 1,000,000 users around the world as of 2021. It has been a major marketing channel for merchants today, and its popularity has increased exponentially. With the introduction of Instagram Shopping, 2017, customers can now discover new products and access product detail pages to […]
Instagram has 1,000,000 users around the world as of 2021. It has been a major marketing channel for merchants today, and its popularity has increased exponentially. With the introduction of Instagram Shopping, 2017, customers can now discover new products and access product detail pages to find out more.
Checkout is now available on Instagram. Shoppers can make purchases without leaving the Instagram app. All BigCommerce merchants in America have this feature. This makes it easier than ever to make purchases.
Instagram Shopping offers so many opportunities for merchants, it is crucial that they are strategic in creating content that converts. BigCommerce has compiled a list of top tips to help you create content that is successful.
If you don’t have BigCommerce yet, follow theseinstructions.
130,000,000 people use product tags every month to find out more about brands on Instagram. You can highlight products from your BigCommerce catalog to help customers find out more about them using product tags. Product tags are essential to give shoppers an easy way not only to find your brand but also to make it easy to purchase. You should make product tags a part your Instagram strategy and use them when you post images of products.
Pro Tip: Facebook recommends that images with product tags be posted at least five times per month. You can tag products in Instagram Stories and Instagram Reels, but you don’t have to be boring.
Shoppers can tap the product tag in a post to redirect to a product details page. A product detail page contains all information relevant to an item, including pricing, descriptions and media ( images and videos). All media that has been tagged with the product on Instagram are pulled into product detail pages so that shoppers can view how to use it.
“We saw a tremendous increase in engagement when we began tagging our products. The response was, “Oh cute.” That look is very appealing to me. That look is mine.
Founder of Pride Socks, Rachel Smith
How to tag products on Instagram
- Enable product tagging. To open the tagging menu, tap “Tag Products” when creating a new post. This menu will allow you to activate this feature.
- Tag your product. Tap the image you wish to add product tags. Make sure to choose your BigCommerce catalog. You should not overcrowd your product tags to make it easy for people to see the items.
- Before you publish, review the product tags. To return to the feed creation page, review the product tags that you have selected.
#2: Keep your catalog up-to-date
To use product tags on Instagram you will need a product catalogue. A robust one will make it easier. Consider the viewpoint of the customer. They will see your post and want to know more. They will see the product tag, and then move to the product detail page.
When updating your catalog, here are some important points to remember:
- Inventory: Products that are in stock can only be sold. You can only sell products if you have accurate inventory numbers. This will allow you to know when items are sold out and the product category codes for taxes.
- Names of products: Make sure product names are concise and consistent with your website.
- Descriptions of products: Please include the item description. This includes length, material, and size. Don’t forget to include conversions for sizes that are not available in the US.
- Sizing: If you have to size products, ensure that the details are correct. Make sure you have enough stock for all sizes if a product comes in multiple sizes.
- Pricing: Be sure to match your website’s price.
- Shipping Fees: You can choose to charge different shipping fees. This includes free shipping minimums for various service levels. In your Commerce Manager settings, you can set your shipping options.
Tip: Shoppers can quickly churn if there aren’t more images or videos. Two photos are required of the product.
#3: Make your Content Actionable
Shoppable posts and videos are a great way for consumers to interact with the app. Engaging and actionable posts can be created about your products through Stories, Reels, and posts. This will increase your reach and build shopping habits.
- Clear calls to action are needed to tell consumers how to shop your products on Instagram.
- To let customers know they can shop directly from you on Instagram, update your Instagram profile. To clarify, you can add phrases such as “Start shopping below” or “Start shopping now” to your profile. This will let new customers and visitors know that they can shop for your product via Instagram.
#4: Make a Plan for Your Posts
You can identify the cultural moments that are important to you and your audience and create content to reflect those moments. Planning ahead is not only beneficial for product launches and announcements but also helps to build customer loyalty and emotional connections.
You want to know more about Instagram Shopping?
These resources will help you get started.
- Facebook Learning – Official Hub for Educational Content on Facebook/Instagram
- Instagram Shopping Guide: An easy checklist to open an Instagram storefront
- Checkout in Instagram Playbook: Tips, best practices and tricks for checking out on Instagram
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.