If you’re new to travelling, Indonesia, or both, this travel guide for beginners is absolutely perfect for you. If you use the tips in this guide, you’ll love your experience a whole lot more and side step many things that […]
If you’re new to travelling, Indonesia, or both, this travel guide for beginners is absolutely perfect for you. If you use the tips in this guide, you’ll love your experience a whole lot more and side step many things that could go wrong. Let’s start!
Travelling to the Capital and Beyond
Thinking of travelling to the capital of Indonesia? Don’t! Jakarta is full of all of the bad things in Indonesia; pollution and nasty people to name just a few. If you’re heading over to Indonesia purely for shopping purposes, then go there and you’ll find some great places to spend your money. However, if not, avoid it. If you travel anywhere but the capital, you’ll soon find amazing places and hidden treasures. You should definitely stick around when you see any Balinese dances being performed – you won’t forget one in a hurry.
Bali is one of the best places to start your journey here. It isn’t called ‘The Island of the Gods’ for nothing! The hotels in Bali are beautiful and luxurious too, so you really can’t go wrong with accommodation. When you’re done with Bali, head over to Lombok, which many people consider to be just as good as Bali just with less people. Make sure you eat some pork while you’re in the area, as it’s one of the most famous dishes!
Also, I recommend simply sitting back and enjoying a beer with the locals. Watch the world go by. This is a culture everybody should experience at least once.
Not to be Missed
Here are some things you should be sure to see when travelling around Indonesia:
- Fresh fruit and a hot curry. Two amazing dishes in Indonesia that you must try!
- The Gili Islands. These are 3 islands off Lombok, and they all have their own personality.
- Surfing. If you’ve always wanted to try surfing, you couldn’t have picked a better place. Grajagan bay, sometimes referred to as ‘G land’ is the best place to go, and you’ll see some amazing surfers while you’re there. Get some lessons if you’re a complete newbie and then try to hone in your skills.
- Head to Ubud and see some of the best art galleries around. You can also attend festivals and dance performances.
- Orangutans are fascinating, and you can see them at Bukit Lawang.
- Snorkelling and diving is an experience you won’t forget, and this is one of the most desirable places to do it. Indonesia has awesome dive sites, and some of them are mostly unexplored. There will be lots for you to do when you take the plunge! I suggest you find a guide to do this with so you’re kept safe at all times.
There’s plenty to do in Indonesia, so make sure you’re prepared. Come up with an itinerary beforehand so you know exactly where you’re going to go and what you’re going to do. The locals are friendly enough, so they’ll be happy to help if you need it. Have an amazing time!
►►► ConnectPOS is a cloud-based POS software compatible with multiple platforms including Magento, Shopify & Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce.